The primary mission of this Office and of the General Secretary, is to assist the
Church in its engagement with Australian society.
Five strategies have been developed as a means of implementing this mission as we
- develop the work of the national institutions;
- provide ideas and initiatives directly;
- be more efficient in the use of our resources;
- offer our advice in the area of finance and administration; and
- develop effective communications within the church and with the public arena.
Since 2006, the General Synod Office has also administered the Long Service Leave